JUNE 18, 2014
Tonto National Forest invites you to attend a Forest Plan Revision Community Forum
Forums will involve presentations from Tonto NF staff and partners on key Forest Plan topics, followed by small group discussions to bring forth technical and local knowledge about these topics.
Thursday, June 19: 6 – 8:30 p.m.
Topics: Minerals, Range, Infrastructure
Gila County Community College – Gila Pueblo Campus
8274 S Six Shooter Canyon Rd, Globe, AZ
Monday, June 30: 6:30 – 9 p.m.
Topics: Recreation, Scenic Resources, Designated Areas
Desert Foothills Library, 38443 N Schoolhouse Rd, Cave Creek, AZ
Wednesday, July 2: 6 – 8:30 p.m.
Topics: Fire/Fuels, Forestry, Range
Pleasant Valley Community Center, Hwy 288, Young, AZ
The four-year plan revision process involves three phases:
1. Assessment of forest resource conditions and trends
*We are currently here
2. Development of a revised plan
3. Monitoring implementation and effectiveness of the plan
Community Forum Goals:
• Create shared understanding of the Forest Plan and key Assessment topics
• Provide an avenue to the public to give input on the Assessment
• Lay the foundation for Forest Plan Revision
FOR MORE INFORMATION: Ken Born firstname.lastname@example.org 602-225-5200. Please visit www.tontoplan.org for other details and for additional opportunities to provide input.