JANUARY 29, 2014
Scottsdale North Rotary Club
At the Scottsdale North Rotary Club's first meeting of 2014, members rang in the new year with plans to continue to enrich the local community in 2014, and reviewed some of the programs they supported last year. They also reminisced about the "just for fun" events, including the holiday party and fall weekend get away to Sedona. This active, fun club meets Wednesday evenings at 5:45 at the Hacienda Mexican Grill at 32527 N. Scottsdale Road. Visitors and "snowbirds" are always welcome.
1. Participated in the bi-annual Keep Scottsdale Beautiful Campaign by cleaning up a mile on Pima Road in the fall and spring.
2. Donated and planted plants in Pinnacle Peak Park.
3. Supported the Foothills Food Bank and "Adopt-a-Family" program at the holiday season.
4. Held a wine and cheese fundraiser at Vino 100 for the Foothills Animal Rescue Center.
5. Supported the TRRFCC Horsemanship program which serves local elementary school students including at risk and special education students.
6. Participated in Salvation Army's 1 Million Meals a Day program.
7. Supported the international Dictionary Project by donating 144 dictionaries to Whispering Winds School.
8. Donated 10 Nooks to Horseshoe Trails Elementary School.
9. Supported Umom New Day Center in Phoenix with volunteers working to organize donated clothing.
10. Sponsored and supported the Pinnacle High School Rotary Interact Club with their projects including "Teens for Jeans" collection drive and "Relay for Life."
11. Supported the Polio Plus program of Rotary International.