OCTOBER 30, 2013

Free carbon monoxide alarms distributed in memory of young Scottsdale woman

Bookmark and Share

Scottsdale Fire, LOK Wishing Tree Foundation staff and Dot Kelsing, the mother of Lindsey O’Brien Kesling. Twenty-two-year-old Lindsey died from accidental carbon monoxide poisoning in her Scottsdale apartment.

Carbon Monoxide (CO) Awareness Event where 100 free CO alarms will be distributed to the public to protect them from the “silent killer,” carbon monoxide poisoning. After the 100 are distributed, 20% off coupons to purchase a CO alarm will be handed out.

100 free alarms will be distributed at Fire Station 611. It is located at 20355 N. Pima Road in Scottsdale.

Alarms will be distributed 9:30 am – Noon Saturday, Nov. 2, 2013.

CO alarms are being distributed in memory of Lindsey Kesling. “Losing a child for any reason breaks a parent's heart, but losing them to something that could have been prevented makes the loss so much heavier to bear,” said Dot Kesling, Lindsey’s mother. She founded the LOK Foundation to raise awareness about carbon monoxide poisoning and how to prevent it.