SEPTEMBER 25, 2013
Mutton bustin’ set for November 2 and 3, 2013 during Wild West Days
CAVE CREEK – Mutton bustin’, a rip-roaring fast-paced western event that features kids trying to ride sheep to a finish line, will be held on Saturday, November 2 and Sunday, November 3 at 11 a.m. at The Buffalo Chip Saloon, which is located at 6811 E. Cave Creek Road. The event is one of the highlights of Wild West Days, Arizona’s largest western venue and a Cave Creek signature event, will be held from November 1-3, 2013 throughout the Town of Cave Creek.
This year’s title sponsor is Sanderson Ford and Sanderson Lincoln on Bell Road.
Other exciting Wild West Days activities include:
• Cowpokes ‘n Little Folks: A western play land for kids and families featuring performances by Detour Company, Adaptive Force Performing Arts, gunfighter groups and more.
• Western parade (Saturday, 9 a.m.): Numerous non-vehicular entries bring the true spirit of the west to Cave Creek visitors
• Bathtub races (Saturday): Homemade bathtubs race down the street for the grand prize
• Pig races (Saturday): Pigs race as fast as they can to show their personal best to festival visitors
• Arizona Cowboy Mounted Shooters Association: See the multi-talented mounted shooters race on championship horses while shooting at targets
• Wild West bull fest – live bull riding competitions
• The Cowboy Gathering: Meet Arizona’s top cowboys and historians
• Brandi Lyons: The renowned horse trainer demonstrates a horse’s success before it is auctioned
Visitors also will experience horse events, mechanical bull riding, cowboy poetry, country music and more. During Saturday’s activities, one side of Cave Creek Road will be closed to vehicular traffic. Only wagons, horses and foot traffic will be permitted.
Wild West Days, now in its 11th year, is an annual experience hosted by the Cave Creek Merchants & Events Association, a non-profit business-to-business entity that serves the businesses and organizations of Cave Creek. A portion of the proceeds from the event will benefit charitable organizations in community to help to preserve the community’s Western heritage. A comprehensive list of scheduled events and activities will be updated at: www.wildwestdayscavecreek.com.