JULY 3, 2013
Wild West Days planned for November 1-3 in Cave Creek
CAVE CREEK – Wild West Days, Arizona’s largest western venue and a Cave Creek signature event, will be held from November 1-3, 2013 throughout the Town of Cave Creek. The event features three days of non-stop family entertainment, mutton bustin’, period and children’s costume competitions, music, period vendors, encampments, a western parade and various horse-related activities and other festivities that have made Wild West Days a renowned annual western experience. This year’s title sponsor is Sanderson Ford and Sanderson Lincoln on Bell Road.
This year’s Wild West Days features the third annual Gun Down by Sundown. Led by the town’s entertainment company, Six Gun Entertainment, LLC, the two-day event will feature gunfighter groups from throughout the West that will perform in gunfight competitions all day long, on November 2 and 3. Six Gun Entertainment’s Six Gun Justice Gunfighters also will give an award-winning performance on the evening of November 2.
Other exciting Wild West Days activities include:
• Cowpokes ‘n Little Folks: a western play land for kids and families.
• Western parade (Saturday, 9 a.m.): numerous non-vehicular entries bring the true spirit of the west to Cave Creek visitors
• Bathtub races (Saturday): Homemade bathtubs race down the street for the grand prize
• Pig races (Saturday): Pigs race as fast as they can to show their personal best to festival visitors
• Thieves Market (Saturday): The popular Thieves Market showcases western goods, attire and more
• Arizona Cowboy Mounted Shooters Association – See the multi-talented mounted shooters race on championship horses while shooting at targets
• Wild West bull fest – live bull riding competitions at the Buffalo Chip
• Headlining country music at many locations throughout the town all weekend
• Brandi Lyons – the renowned horse trainer demonstrates a horse’s success before it is auctioned
Visitors also will experience wildlife exhibits, western art, arena events, mechanical bull riding and more. During Saturday’s activities, one side of Cave Creek Road will be closed to vehicular traffic. Only wagons, horses and foot traffic will be permitted.
Wild West Days, now in its 11th year, is an annual experience hosted by the Cave Creek Merchants & Events Association, a non-profit business-to-business entity that serves the businesses and organizations of Cave Creek. A portion of the proceeds from the event will benefit charitable horse and other related organizations in community to help to preserve the community’s western heritage.
A comprehensive list of scheduled events and activities will be updated at www.wildwestdayscavecreek.com.