FEBRUARY 6, 2013
CAVE CREEK – The Foothills Food Bank and Resource Center in Cave Creek, Ariz., needs volunteers to conduct weekly food pick-ups at local food stores for transportation to the food bank. The commitment typically is one morning per week and pick-ups normally take approximately one-and-a-half hours to complete between 7 – 9 a.m.
Volunteers are needed for the following stores:
• Fry's - Carefree Highway (near Home Depot) – Typical donations are meats, bakery, and produce products
• Fry's - Cave Creek and Tatum – Typical donations are meats, bakery, and produce products
• Bashas’ - Tom Darlington (Carefree) – Typical donations are bakery and dairy products
• Fry's - Thompson Peak & Hayden Rd. (North Scottsdale)– Donations are primarily bakery items.
• Paradise Bakery (Desert Ridge)– bakery goods. A driver is needed on Wednesdays
• Safeway at Cave Creek and Tatum – meats, bakery and produce.
Available and interested volunteers, who need an SUV or small pick-up truck, should contact John Murphy at 480-443-3790 or email John at firstname.lastname@example.org.