SEPTEMBER 12, 2012
Scholarship opportunity for First Responders
PHOENIX – Application deadline for the Rotary Club of Anthem Deputy William Coleman Memorial Scholarship has been changed to Saturday September 29, 2012.
The Rotary Club of Anthem established the $1,000 William Coleman Memorial Scholarship to honor Maricopa County Deputy Sheriff William Coleman who died in the line of duty in Anthem last January.
First responders seeking to advance their careers through professional education are invited to apply. The award supports full- or part-time enrollment including online classes at any accredited university, community college, vocational, trade or proprietary school. The selection criterion includes:
Post-secondary academic performance
Service to the community
To qualify for consideration for the William Coleman Memorial Scholarship the applicant must meet the following requirements:
• Full-time employee of a first responder organization as defined above that serves the Anthem, Desert Hills, New River or Tramanto areas of the North Valley of Maricopa County Arizona.
• Reside or be assigned to duty in the Anthem, Desert Hills, New River or Tramanto area of the North Valley of Maricopa County Arizona.
• Have completed a minimum of six semester credits in the program with a cumulative grade point average of 2.5 on a 4.0 scale.
• Currently enrolled in a program specific to his or her career as a first responder.
• May not be related to a member of the Rotary Club of Anthem.
• Submit a complete application postmarked on or before Saturday September 29, 2012.
Applications for the Rotary Club of Anthem Deputy William Coleman Memorial Scholarship are available online at www.AnthemRotary.org. Completed applications must be postmarked on or before Saturday September 29, 2012 and mailed to:
The Rotary Club of Anthem
3655 W. Anthem Way, Suite A-109, PMB 107
Anthem, AZ 85086
All application materials submitted to the Rotary Club of Anthem are confidential and become property of the Rotary Club of Anthem. Application materials will not be returned to the applicant. By completing the application process, applicants give Rotary permission to disclose the applicants' names to the Coleman family and the name of the recipient to the media. Scholarship award winners will be announced in late Fall 2012.