AUGUST 22, 2012
Family Fun Day at the Capitol: AZ Mine Inspector
PHOENIX – Starting next month, Saturdays are Family Fun Days at the Capitol with free activities, and fun programs. Come in out of the heat and see what's waiting for you under the copper dome.
Families and all other weekend visitors are welcome to stop by the Capitol for our first Family Fun Day, Saturday, September 8, 2012 from 10:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m. for the opening of our new State Mine Inspector Exhibit.
• Make your own mining hardhat and learn about mine safety
• Meet Arizona State Mine Inspector Joe Hart
• Explore hands on mine safety artifacts
• See a recreated entrance to an abandoned mine
• Create your own mine safety bill and see if it becomes a law
• Visit the Museum Store for fun activities like the Arizona jigsaw puzzle
The Arizona Capitol Museum connects people to Arizona Government- Past and Present. Located in the historic Capitol Building under the Copper Dome, the Museum has virtual and physical exhibits, events, and educational programs that are free and open to the public. The Arizona State Library, a division of the Secretary of State, is the oldest cultural institution in Arizona, dating to the organization of the Territory in 1863.
For More Information Contact: Luke Bate, Assistant Museum Director, Arizona Capitol Museum 602-926-3620 or email@example.com.