MARCH 14, 2012
The Rotary Club of Anthem announces eligibility and application requirements for Rotary of Anthem Deputy William Coleman Scholarship
ANTHEM – The Rotary Club of Anthem announces it has established the eligibility and application requirements for the Deputy William Coleman Scholarship. Anthem Rotary announced in February the $1000 scholarship honoring Deputy William Coleman, who died last month in the line of duty while serving the Anthem Community, had been added to the five $1000 scholarships they award annually.
Tells Rick Nollenberger, Rotary of Anthem Scholarship Committee chair, “The Scholarship Committee worked diligently to establish the scholarship eligibility to reflect the training, experience and dedication demonstrated by Deputy Coleman.”
The goal of the scholarship is to assist first responders seeking advancement and additional certification in their careers as law enforcement officers, fire fighters, and emergency medical personnel. The award supports full- or part-time enrollment including online classes at any accredited university, community college, vocational, trade or proprietary school.
The selection criteria include: post-secondary academic performance; an essay; service to the community; and demonstrated leadership.
To qualify for consideration for a scholarship, the applicant must meet all the following requirements:
1. Be a full-time employee of a first responder organization as defined above that serves the Anthem, Desert Hills, New River or Tramanto areas of the North Valley of Maricopa County Arizona.
2. Reside or be assigned to duty in the Anthem, Desert Hills, New River or Tramanto area of the North Valley of Maricopa County Arizona.
3. Be currently enrolled in a program specific to his or her career as a first responder.
4. Have completed a minimum of six semester credits in the program with a cumulative grade point average of 2.5 on a 4.0 scale.
5. Not be related to a member of the Rotary Club of Anthem.
6. Submit a complete application by the deadline, August 15, 2012.
Complete details regarding enrollment documentation, satisfactory academic performance requirements, and scholarship disbursement will be included in the award notification letter to the selectee.
Applications for the Rotary Club of Anthem Deputy William Coleman Memorial Scholarship are available online at www.AnthemRotary.org.
Completed applications postmarked no later than August 15, 2012 must be mailed to:
The Rotary Club of Anthem
3655 W. Anthem Way, Suite A-109, PMB 107
Anthem, AZ 85086
All application materials submitted to the Rotary Club of Anthem are confidential and become property of the Rotary Club of Anthem. Application materials will not be returned to the applicant. By completing the application process, applicants give Rotary permission to disclose the applicants’ names to the Coleman family and release the awardee’s name to the media.