SEPTEMBER 15, 2010
Cave Creek Museum re-opens on Oct. 1
Tickets on sale now for Oct. 8 Native American Flute Concert
Cave Creek Museum re-opens for the season on Oct. 1. Tickets are on sale now for a special Native American Flute Concert on Friday, Oct. 8, featuring nationally-acclaimed flutist Mark Holland. Courtesy Photo
CAVE CREEK – Cave Creek Museum re-opens for the season on Friday, Oct, 1. Located at 6140 Skyline Dr., Cave Creek Museum features an extensive collection of prehistoric and historic artifacts that describe the lives of Native Americans, miners, ranchers and pioneers. The museum hours are Wed., Thurs., Sat. and Sun. from 1 p.m. to 4:30 p.m., and Fri. from 10 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. Entrance fees are $5 for adults; $3 for seniors; and $2 for students. Children 12 and under are free.
Once again, Cave Creek Museum is kicking off its new season with a special Native American Flute Concert from 6:30 – 9:30 p.m. on Friday, Oct. 8. The concert features nationally-acclaimed flutist Mark Holland. Tickets cost: $20 per person; $15 for seniors (age 60+); and $10 for children under 12. Museum members receive a $2 discount. Seating is limited.
Cave Creek Museum is planning several events during the season, including a “Miner’s Dinner” fundraiser for its Stamp Mill in November, Antiques Appraisal Days in January, Authors’ Month in February, and a Home Tour in March.
Visitors to Cave Creek Museum will view a variety of new, educational exhibits, including:
• A Military Exhibit will pay tribute to veterans of “then and now” with a special emphasis on local community members who served our nation so valiantly.
• A new “Homesteading Along the Creek” exhibit.
• A new art exhibit will highlight the works of renowned local artists, such as Johnny Hampton, Ray Swanson, and Lon Megargee.
• The Archaeology Wing will include items from an archaeological dig on the Shoger property. Artifacts from this site have never been exhibited before at the Museum.
• A scale exhibit showcasing the various types of scales used for weighing everything from animals to gold.
• A women’s and men’s finery exhibit.
For information, call 480-488-2764, or visit www.cavecreekmuseum.org.